Hey, stranger! I'm Katie, an 18 year old girl, passionate about music, running and life. I play a bunch of instruments. I did the drum major thing. UDMB <3 Bushwackers 2014. I dig the drum corps, and I band pretty hard. I blog about lots.
So feel free to join me. Find your passion and dive in.
team i can’t do math for shit but i can write a 3 page english paper in less than an hour
team I can do math for hours but I can’t write an english paper for shit
Team I can’t, I have rehearsal
team in theory I could do these things but instead I’m going to spend four hours on the internet for no reason
"17. Communication does not always equal honesty.
16. You don’t have to love them after one week, one month. Love isn’t tied down to time.
15. Sometimes friendships teach you more of how to show genuine feelings than relationships.
14. People leave, ‘the only constant is change’.
13. Long term doesn’t mean forever. Be happy with who you have have in the present, and don’t worry about the future.
12. You don’t have to be in a relationship with someone to love them.
11. You don’t have to love someone to be in a relationship with them.
10. The only thing that will ever truly be yours is yourself, be careful who you give yourself to.
9. Don’t be fooled into thinking self love is selfish.
8. Always be independent. The only shoulder that will always be there for you is your own. Don’t be afraid to break down in solitude.
7. Life is based on memories. Mistakes happen in split seconds, don’t let a moment of fault affect a lifetime of choices.
6. Sex isn’t based off stability. Don’t feel like you have to give yourself to anyone until you want to, no matter how comfortable you are with them.
5. Life is meant to be lived. Live for yourself first, you weren’t put on this earth to please anyone else.
4. Never take advantage of someone’s kindness. When you truly need a friends advice, there won’t be anyone to turn to.
3. Your bucket list should be only for you. Don’t feel the need to include specific people in your plans. Falling in love should be on it, but fall in love with yourself first.
2. Always be focused on improving yourself. You’ll never be who you were a year ago, but neither are the people in your life. You’ll find some people who will grow with you.
1. Honesty is hard to find. Be honest with your parents, and with your friends. Most importantly be honest with yourself."
17 things I learned while not in a relationship. (via hollow-craters)